Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Church Guy!

What a week, I got to perform a "mock" wedding, I witnessed a fourth graders version of the wee wee dance and I rehearsed my role as Satan in Judgement House. Just another regular week in the life of "CHURCH GUY!" Let me explain. Thursday Spetember 17, 2015 I was given the name by a little boy in my class. Another teacher wants to invite him to her wedding in April and contacted his dad about it and the father must have told the boy about it. Well in his mind it meant that the boy and the teacher were getting married because at breakfast on Thursday he told the teacher, "Guess what? We are getting married..." and then he turned to me and said, "and you are going to be the church guy." He then informed me that I was to say do you take this woman... so I was aware of what "church guy" meant. Being the fun group that we were we organized a wedding and I officiated.  I don't think I will ever live that name down and I don't want to.  By the way the boy who got married also performed the above mentioned dance. I wish I could have photos for you but I didn't have my camera with me and I couldn't post them anyway because of confidentiality.

As I am here watching the Night of Champions on the WWE Network I am reminded that tomorrow is Monday so it is time to finish this post. So in traditional fashion here is your Week in History...

September 21, 1780: Benedict Arnold commits treason.
September 22, 1862: Abraham Lincoln  issues Emancipation Proclamation
September 23, 1806: Lewis and Clark returns to St. Louis
September 24, 1789: US Supreme Court established with the Judiciary Act of 1789
September 25, 1957: Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas was desegregated...
September 26, 1580: Sir Francis Drake becomes first Englishman to circumnavigate the globe...
September 27, 1940: The Tripartite Act is signed by Germany, Italy, and Japan...

Have a great week...
The "Church Guy" saying bye bye...



No comments:

Post a Comment